Branding is certainly not a carefree topic; rather, it represents a critical element of any business. One of the issues in branding is that logo design is often treated as being interchangeable with branding. Although they go hand-in-hand, and both indeed serve as a marketing tool, they are not entirely the same. Many businesses overlook the full potential of what a brand can accomplish for their company, and therefore simply settle for a logo. So, what sets a brand apart from a logo? Why is the jump from a logo to a brand so difficult? And finally, why do you need a brand, and not just a logo? Let’s explore this topic.
I have a small business, do I really need branding?
Effective branding can elevate your product – even your entire business – into something unique. With proper branding, your brand won't simply be one among many similar other brands, but it will be one that guarantees the quality that it represents. Effective branding, and thus standing out from your competitors, is particularly important in competitive markets.
Here are some effects that branding can achieve for you:
- To attract more clients or customers
- To explain your company name
- To convey that you are well-established
- To look like a “bigger” or more serious player in the market
- To be(come) more memorable
- To stand out in your field
- To give customers or clients a sense of quality and stability